Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have experience with this type of blade ?

powerjoke ยท 2013-11-02 23:59

Just bought a new to me d6n and was looking around on MT how bad I got taken (prolly shoulda looked before I bought it lol) and ran across this blade...... I have seen it on a few euro machines but never seen one in person..... I imagine it works well for windrowing ? I remember a long time ago reading about "rock-it" which Blizzard snow plows modeled off of but if I remember right it was all hydraulic where this one looks ridgid. Here's the whole link to a machine I found just while cruising MT ( damn I'm getting old if that's my Saturday night fun lol) http://www.marketbook.ca/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9035963&LP=MAT Anyways let's hear it,,,,,,,, or at least someone post up a vid of it in action Pj

Replies14
  1. #1ben46a2013-11-03 06:05

    Its only to make it narrow enough to haul without permits, normally found on LGP machines.

  2. #2Saddleup2013-11-03 06:10

    Think that blade is more of a narrow the blade deal for transport,remember reading something like that ,

  3. #3Scrub Puller2013-11-03 09:25

    Yair . . . Crikey, it must be expensive and inconvenient to get permits in some parts if it's worth to go to so much trouble? Cheers

  4. #4CM19952013-11-03 09:33

    It can be depending on the jurisdiction.

  5. #5ih1002013-11-03 13:05

    It's purely for transport. Some European countries it's expensive to get over width permits, some road tunnels you aren't allowed to be over width, period. The blade is a lot stronger than you expect from looking at pictures. Komatsu offer a similar blade.

  6. #6Scrub Puller2013-11-03 13:21

    Yair . . . I never stop learning on this site, never heard of this before. Cheers.

  7. #7Taylortractornu2013-11-03 13:51

    Rockland I believe made one that was all hydraulic. It's wings were hinged at the moldboard. I ran one on an 850 Deere. You could make a straight, semi u or full unleaded with it. I wad on a pit reclamation with it. Man you could send alot of top soil up a slope in full u blade mode the straight blade it out.

  8. #8sheepfoot2013-11-03 20:35

    I have seen a dozer years ago with a fold in set of corners. The last machine was a trackhoe about 20 yrs ago, It was a kobelco and I think it was the start of their blade runner series machines with the fold in corners and angle/tilt blade. I think Talortractornu is also correct with rockland making a custom folding blade also at one time. I would like it for the hauling issues and it looks to have the support and meat to make it strong and durable.

  9. #9ih1002013-11-04 16:44

    Only thing I thought when using this blade, I wouldn't use the left corner for popping rocks and roots out. Other than that, it wasn't a bad idea.

  10. #10catfixer2013-11-04 21:40

    we are currently preparing a couple hundred d6k's for the military and every one of them has this blade. I believe it is like others have stated, for transport purposes.

  11. #11Saddleup2013-11-05 05:03

    Why would the military need a couple hundred d6k's ?

  12. #12catfixer2013-11-05 21:55

    I'm unsure. Last i checked the army ordered around 200 and the corps wanted something like 150. As for their intended purpose I am unsure. It is my understanding that a good portion of them are going to the middle east

  13. #13sfrs42013-11-06 03:04

    saddleup. the same reason you need a D6k at home, they have to prep ground for camps, temp runways, road building etc etc.

  14. #14Saddleup2013-11-06 06:32

    sfrs4, just seams like a lot of them,