Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have one of these plasma cutters?

RobVG ยท 2019-02-27 17:05

https://www.amazon.com/PRIMEWELD-No...rds=primeweld&qid=1551298455&s=gateway&sr=8-6 Link not working. "PrimeWeld Cut 60" Amazon.com Looks like a heck of a deal for the budget minded. Maybe too good to be true... We're not a production shop. It would see infrequent use. Thoughts?

Replies17
  1. #1ianjoub2019-02-27 18:33

    I bought a cheap one. It is cheap...

  2. #2Jonas3022019-02-27 20:48

    I got a cheap one for for half that runs tig stick and plasma about 10 years ago and has worked amazing for occasional use

  3. #3DIYDAVE2019-02-27 21:07

    I bought the hypertherm, sized to the 50 amp breaker that I have in the shop. Think it was about $2500, 5-10 years ago...

  4. #4RZucker2019-02-27 22:36

    Availability of comsumables would be my biggest worry. I have two 375 Miller Extremes, and a Hypertherm 65. I hardly fire the torch anymore unless it's for heavy stuff. That 65 makes very clean cuts on 1/2" steel and does a good job gouging welds too.

  5. #5petepilot2019-02-27 23:39

    I use a thermal dynamics pakmaster 75xl bought in 1998 still working strong . hooked to 200 amp service will clean cut 3/4 and sever 1in steel. 3/8 stainless is as heavy as i have used it on but i`m sure it would do same as mild steel. gouging gets to expensive consumables are pricey

  6. #6RZucker2019-02-27 23:57

    I just use worn cutting tips to gouge most of the time. Gives them a second life and I have plenty.

  7. #7petepilot2019-02-28 00:07

    if i have to do quite a bit of gouging i prefer an air arc i can get further away from all the schrapnel

  8. #8RZucker2019-02-28 00:14

    Yeah, I mostly use the plasma to gouge shallow stuff or wash old welds off. Airarc is the best for deep stuff.

  9. #9petepilot2019-02-28 00:25

    don`t do much of that stuff anymore but it still pops up once in a while

  10. #10RZucker2019-02-28 00:35

    I try not to.

  11. #11Tones2019-02-28 02:24

    When you fellas are cutting steel with your plasma what gas do you use?

  12. #12Bluox2019-02-28 02:52

    Air for all cutting. Bob

  13. #13RobVG2019-03-20 21:16

    Got one. Just opened it. First off the packaging is top-notch. First impression- high quality Hope to give it a try before the week is out. 30 day no questions asked return policy Ebay

  14. #14Tenwheeler2019-03-20 21:53

    The Prime Weld he asked about is about $650 as I read it. Is this the cheep one you are talking about?

  15. #15RobVG2019-03-26 00:39

    Wow. It works really well. Cut cleanly through 1/2 mild steel like butter. It worked as well as a $3000 unit I use. For the most part it looks like a quality unit except for the handle which is light plastic. The trigger guard is going to be the first thing to break.

  16. #16RobVG2019-03-26 09:55

    Correction; I "used"- once

  17. #17muddog19752020-04-23 01:38

    I bought on about a month ago. I have only used it a 6 times, but it has been great. Not a single problem. I run it at 30 amps, with 75 psi air flow. 3/8 cuts are effortless. I also use it to carve out some 1/2 thick material to allow a coupler pin to fit better. Like cutting through butter. The ground clamp is the only weak link I see. You sometimes have to move or resituate it. It is not heavy duty. I will be replacing it. But for 1/5 of the cost of others on the market. It works great for my needs using it 1 to 2 times a week.