I realize that I am being naughty in using this forum to ask some questions in regards to agricultural grade equipment, but if you go in the Ag Tractor forum, you can hear bloody crickets singing- loudly, I'll add. I need to do two things in really short order: (1)Split a Farmtrac 665DTC which just a Ford 3610, I have to access the hydraulic pump drive gear that is on the back of the camshaft, and replace said gear. (2)Split a Case 380 Backhoe/Loader to do a clutch job. Churchill Tool supposedly had a splitting stand that worked well for Ford, Case, JD, and International. They are no longer in business and no longer offering that stand. My local CNH dealer can get a stand but they want $3000 for it and it is Made in China, and really very crude in comparison to the old Churchill Stands shown in the FSM. I'll pass on it, as I think it's just way over priced. I've drawn up some ideas and started buying steel, but before I build something that isn't as good as it could be due to my inexperience with this, I'd like to know if anyone has dimensions, drawings, or plans for a stand setup that they would share ?
Geardoc: sounds like your going to have some fun I don't know of any stands out there, probably caused I never really looked. Everything I've seen or helped with was jerryrigged, blocks on a dolly or some type of home made stand. IMO, whats important is to have a large work space and a flat level floor. Sorry I can't be of more help
If you have the fabrication tools and steel to make your own rig, and you'll be working on a decent concrete surface, you could block up the end of the tractor you want stationary and make a rolling jig for the half you'll be pulling away to access the pump. Northern Tool sells machinery skates that you could weld an upright column onto that will easily support the weight of whatever half you decide to make mobile so you could roll it forward for the access required. Here's the link: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200356890