Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Change head gasket Cat 416 Perkins 3054C engine

andrew80 ยท 2013-04-05 16:46

Buenas Tardes I need to change this head gasket, but don't have the tightening torque for this cylinder head. Can you help me out with that info?

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2013-04-05 17:56

    There are 22 bolts on that head of 3 different lengths. Let's call them short (8 bolts), medium (12), & long (2) for the sake of argument. 1. Coat the threads of all the bolts in clean engine oil. 2. Install the bolts and tighten them to 110Nm in sequence 1-22. 3. Tighten all the bolts again in the same sequence as Step 2 to 110Nm. 4. Go through all the bolts in the same sequence as Steps 2 & 3 and rotate the short bolts by a further 150 degrees, the medium length ones by 180 degrees, and the long ones by 210 degrees. I'll post a diagram showing the bolt pattern in a while.

  2. #2Nige2013-04-05 18:21

    Tried to post the diagram showing the bolt pattern but failed. I've sent it to you by e-mail.