Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have the instructions on replacing 580 sk parking brake?????

nitro ยท 2012-01-15 11:34

figured that the front bucket isnt always a good emergency brake.(but it does work pretty good) and saw that the discs are not expensive at all so if it warms up a tad i might just tackle the job. i dont have a manual yet but hope to once i recuperate from the christmas shopping frenzy (the wife goes a little crazy for the kids)

Replies5
  1. #1nitro2012-02-03 20:59

    well i figured someone here would know....

  2. #2bowen2012-02-03 21:23

    What parts are you thinking needs replacing? Does this look like what you have? My 580SE is totally different to this with the pads external and easy to replace.

  3. #3alrman2012-02-03 21:26

    Sorry nitro seemed to have missed the first post. Clean front of trans to prevent dirt going into trans/ your eyes - will make it a little more pleasant. If 4wd - both driveshafts come out Then disconnect park brake cable from actuator at front cover Drain trans oil Remove 4wd selector lever & housing - if 2WD remove cover Remove park brake housing - take note of different length bolts Replace worn bits Thouroughly clean housing surfaces & reseal using Loctite 515 or good quality RTV silicone. **Note - you will find more than discs to be problem + if a 4WD check the selector fingers

  4. #4bowen2012-02-03 21:41

    Maybe this is the part diagram you need. Wow, this is different to mine. Makes me proud to have an SE While I was posting this I see the photo from alrman and this may be the wrong diagram. Is it a 4WD? Maybe I should stay out of this thread. I clearly know nothing about the parking brake on a 580SK No one was responding and I was just looking for a diagram that would help...:guns

  5. #5nitro2012-02-03 21:55

    Yeah it's 4wd and it supposed to have external discs but be4 I go tearing into it figured I'd learn what's involved The parts seem to be not too expensive from cnh The pics and info are much appreciated