Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone have/used/repaired a Kobleco TLK760?

TLK760 ยท 2008-08-13 23:18

I bought a '98 TLK760, 4wd, ext hoe about 2 years ago and thought it was a sweet deal compared to the Deeres, Cats, and JCBs. Knock on wood it has not given me many problems other than some blown hoses and such. The guy gave me a repair manual and it looks pretty complete. I recentley tore a trans hose and added enough fluid(10w30) to get it back under the shed. I can see a dipstick going to the bottom of the transfer case but only see a filler neck going into the trans's top case. I have added over 12 quarts of oil and it is barely touching the "what I believe" is the trans dipstick. Are the trans and transfer case one unit and share the same fluid? None of these procedures are in my manual. I also have only found one dealer to get me parts and he is out of state and sometimes shipping is crazy. Other than that problem the tractor has served me well. To be my first big machine, I'm impressed. My muffler started to rust and I decided to run a straight pipe off the turbo and into the stack. It sounds really good and gained some power. Any thoughts on this? Good? Bad? I need to get some better pics of the tractor. thanks guys

Replies5
  1. #1drag1line2010-05-07 12:43

    The machine you have was made by Fermec of Manchester UK, formerly Massey Fergussen, Case bought the factory and Kobelco got away from them. Fiat bought Case and Case sold the company to Terex. The transmission and axles are Carraro and very similar to the current Terex machine. They should be alble to help you now and in the future. Good Luck

  2. #2cps2010-05-07 14:10

    I never knew that, good info there drag1line:drinkup

  3. #3Rally_Action2010-05-08 19:25

    Quote: " My muffler started to rust and I decided to run a straight pipe off the turbo and into the stack. It sounds really good and gained some power. Any thoughts on this? Good? Bad? " Mufflers are fitted to keep noise limits within specs for road traffic authorities and operator comfort. For anything turbocharged, whether it be Petrol (gas for the americans) or diesel, the less restriction in the exhaust system, the better. Without an additional muffler, the turbo will spool up quicker and provide more boost pressure to the engine, which will in turn produce more power. Believe it or not, the lesser restriction in the exhaust will actually reduce wear as there is less load on the turbo too. Karl

  4. #4bighoss2015-08-19 17:42

    not all fermec 760tlk's came with the carraro axles. the 4wd 2wheel steer models were agco axles totally different inside and out as well as the brake set up parking and hydraulic . we have one of these at work and the shop manual for rebuilding the hyd brake section says "to be issued at a later date" lotta help that is had to rebuild it from the parts diagram and a terex bhl training manual that covers the agco axle.

  5. #5lantraxco2015-08-19 18:02

    Gotta love orphan children, and the corporate *******s that abandon their owners. Takes a lot of love and head scratching, and sometimes a fat wallet to keep them running....