What I have is one V-71 Service manual dated 1976 and one Series 92 Service manual dated 8/81. The V-71 is well used as it was the main one I used for much of the time I worked on those engines. The Series 92 is used but in a bit better shape, think I only worked on two or three of those over the years. I would be shipping them from near Syracuse New York via Medial mail, thinking either one would ship for around $7-$8.00 to an address in the USA. If I could get maybe $10.00 over shipping to pay for my time wrapping them and driving to the post office I would be happy. You could reply here or direct to my email at [email protected]
I’d take em off your hands to add to my collection. I like them with character!
Guess I should have reread my post before sending it. Was thinking $10 each book but that's my mistake. Due to the size might be easier to ship separate if that's OK! Junkyard send me a private message with shipping address.
That's great, if he comes and gets one of my last two strokes, he'll have the book to go with it.
Do I get a percentage on the repair bill?
Next time I get to new york, lunch is on me.
Which ones you got laying around?
Ive got a 6/71 2 4/71s a 2/71 and a 2/53 laying around . Im not quite ready for my books to go yet.
I don't even want to think about all the stuff I have laying around. I feel like Old Doug's dad, and I'm going to be leaving my own metal recycling yard for the kids.
If haven't used within a year, a person isn't going to. I've got one left a 92 series, a Series 60 complete and a N14 Mechanical through Celect Plus. I'll be dumping mine Free with Free shipping. I offered that before, only one taker, people afraid of lucifer taint.
I will buy any manual you have. I don’t think I have any series 60 and all my Cummins stuff is older than N14. I much prefer a book to the computer.
Current status for the books.
You need to segregate those engine books---will end up with some half breed cross contamination. Get those IH near a cat--it will become a IHopcat. I already pitched some Eaton Books but I think I have a binder of Eaton left in box in basement.
I have one or two Eaton, I think those came from Miller. Somewhere in there is Brown Lipe book that taught me more about driveline angles than anything else I’ve ever seen or been told.
A while back I took all the manuals that I thought I would not likely be needing anymore and put them in 15 gallon plastic containers. A few weeks ago a young man was asking me about a JCB loadall and I told him I thought I had a manual for it. Finally found it in the 38th box, this time I listened to my wife and made a list of each box. I've probably got twice this many still on the shelves. Everyone says you can find them on the internet, but through my career, the few times I had to call out a dealer, as soon as they saw my paper manual their computer went away. Nothing like paper.
That's impressive! I'm sure there are a lot of people with older equipment that would be grateful if you had a manual for their machine(s).
Reading Rainbow. Where is Levar Burton
A good chunk of those books came years ago when the volunteer fire dept chief’s father passed away. He was an old Cat mechanic and they were about to pitch all of them. I was told a few manuals. I ran over in my car and left with the trunk, back seat and my young son buried in the front seat. Some came from Miller, some EBay etc. I like all the old books and being able to crack one open. My favorite is where somebody has scribbled notes in various places. The books for my old Gleaner combine are like that.
Doing Trivial Pursuit game show.