Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know 3pt lift on Massey/Fermec 650/660?

sqdqo ยท 2012-04-06 12:54

Does anyone know the 3 point lift capacity on the Massey/Fermec 650/660's?

Replies3
  1. #1rfparkeriii2016-04-15 11:33

    I have a 640b. I'm having problem with my 3 point lift arms being low powered. Barley lifts the scraper box. Did you figure anything out on yours?

  2. #2JNB2016-04-16 09:02

    Is it low powered or painfully slow? On my New Holland the 3 pt went from slow to hardly any lift to no lift. It turned out that there was a slight leak in the loader valve's power beyond plug. That would be the spot where you'd hook up hydraulics to a grapple or 4n1.

  3. #3rfparkeriii2016-04-16 11:09

    On this tractor, that's a totally separate system. As far as I can tell, the loader, clam, sidelinks, center links, and rippers run off a pump on the front of the crank. The power steering runs on a separate system too, that pump is on the side of the motor. It appears that the only thing the internal pump powers is the lift arms. I have checked the internal pickup screen under the tractor, and have changed the adjustment on the 3pt speed controle. Seems that mostly slows the decent. I have found a real good dealer that has actually helped me a little. Monday I will check the internal pump pressure and if it's low, I'm going to try to find the bypass valve and try to adjust it. If I can't get the pressure up, I think I will hafta dig into the tractor and try to replace the internal pump. Maybe the bypass has a bad spring? What do you think? Advise would be appreciated. Thing is I'm a pretty good mechanic, I just don't wanna hafta go through the learning curve. I'm more of a Hotrod and Harley guy.