I am thinking on demo sites I can eliminate mobilization of a second machine if I had something like a Bladerunner but We have no dealer support for kobelco in my area to speak of? I know cat makes a reduced swing 314 with knockdown blade but does anyone know of anything bigger ? If not I could probably get by with a machine that small but was hoping for something a little bigger. I need, reduced tailswing Knockdown blade (6-way would be nice but not required) Possibly a 2piece boom if anyone can tell me what they are actually good for ? Does anyone know how a BR operates ? I would think it would be a strenuous PITA using your feet for regular dozer operation, my question is when you go to "dozer mode" (if there is such a thing) can you use the hand controls and run it like a skid loader ? I hate to show my ignorance but I have just never seen one of these machines. Anyone have any input ? I have searched and found a couple Bladerunner threads but they always seem to get hijacked and talking about something totally off subject lol Pj
linkbelt and jcb have a 145 size jigger with blades, and takeuchi's 1140 pivots up front like a super sized mini, and is bladed. I think kobelco's controls are rather intuitive, not sure. I know that after having a blade, i'd miss it if it was gone. I use it more for leveling up when working on a slope than anything, although I have plowed my drive with it once or twice...
Having a ED150 blade runner, it has been a fine machine, and trouble free for the 6k hours we've had it, but, the six way blade sinks that end like a lead turd, when in the wet. The curved grousers make side slope work downright slippery, and, while Kobelco touted the drawbar pull of a D5 dozer, my D4H will out pull it, by quite a sizeable margin. As for the 314's, I have a 314CLCR and a 314DLCR. The C has been an awesome machine, and the D is even better, especially in overall speed. I fitted bolt on rubber track pads on both, and still no traction issues like with the ED150. And, save yourself a lot of heartache, grief, and money. and DO NOT purchase a 314 with Cat's rubber road liners. And, my PC128UU-2 still rates high, but, with 2 314's, the ED150 and PC128 get called on last. The ED150 is my ONLY excavator with a 6way blade, and, the fold out blade extensions have been ripped off several times, and are currently unattached, so, my blade is lighter than stock, and, still, the blade is too heavy.
Doosan offers (at least offered) a blade on their 225 machine.
Oh, the 2 piece boom changes the offset of the dipper pivot point. At times it's helpful when working in tight quarters with a big machine. It's also good for when you want to send the bucket through the cab.
I have a ED180 I made some comments on another thread a while back. yeah it sinks like a rock any where near soft ground and makes a great anchor in the mud but I love it the blade controls are on a separate joy stick on the right side behind the other stick just run the tracks with your feet. it blades good but not as fast as dozer. once you get use to having it it's like trying to work with out a thumb its not going to replace a dozer but its good cleaning up job site that would take you 2 hr's with bucket you can do it 15-20 min with blade as of right now kobelco is not building them since separating from CNH but I hope they start back to building them it's a great concept
Great thanks for the reply Clint I am glad to hear some first hand experience....... Do you think it would be a good addition to the demo crew ? And save me from mobilizing a skiddy or a finish dozer to finish grade with?
I saw a ZX200 a while ago with a blade, here's a link to the thread I started... Hope that gives you some insight. I would love a blade on my 200 Hitachi!
that's the same reason I bought mine because got tired of having to drag a dozer a cross town to blade up job for 20 min. once you get use to having it it's hard to run a machine with out a blade if you have run a mini ex much its twice as handy. when doing demo you can hold stuff down with blade while you strip it (such as wooden boards nailed to tin, copper pipes from bar joists or wooden studs) level your self up on top of demo piles. pull pile against blade to help break it up and then help load bucket. works good for stripping carpet off of concrete floor. one of my compliats is blade face is only mild steel so it gets beat up pretty bad for loading against it. with a ditch cleaning bucket you can pick up all butt a couple off shovel full's off ground .ive moved precast concrete that weighs as much as #30,000pd's by reaching across piece and lifting up on far edge and then pushing with blade. it stop's a lot of chasing to get material in bucket just pull it against blade
Hyundai 160lcd is close.....
Volvo has a ECR235DL that has an option for a blade (first picture on the cover of their brochure) but I imagine that option is very rare. You would have to talk to your dealer about special ordering. A 235 without a blade is around $180k.