I'm wondering if there's a tool where I can enter the specs I want such as payload capacity, net power, etc. and have it spit back different makes and models that meet those specs. I know Construction Magazine has a specpro tool for $200 per year, but I e-mailed them and they said that I have to enter the make and model and all it does is tell me the specs for the make and model I entered. That seems pointless since Construction Equipment Guide has spec charts for free. Cat's web site will let you find this information for Cat products, but I'd like to look at other manufacturers too. Anyone know of a tool or web site that would do this?
All I have ever seen were comparison charts per model. You might find something on one of the manufacturer's web sites. Maybe Deere?
Some machine trading sites have an advanced search where you can select what you want to search, along with some specifics like horsepower. That's the closest I can think of to what you're asking. I think a tool like that would be cool. There are web-crawlers you can download and play with. They go out and look for specific information on the websites you select or enter, and download info for you. Maybe you could make one of them go out to Deere, Cat, Dresser - whatever and get it? Then you'd have to compile it into useful data ... Interesting problem there. I'm seeing a market for a new software solution