I just purchased a JLG 30 HN and having troubles with parts. The 30E is more common. Are these the same machines. ? New to the forum. Thanks in advance
N usually means Narrow, or at least it does in Genie lingo
seems likely for sure. I just realized i type that wrong……it’s a JLG 30HA! Not a 30 HN…..darn newbie. My machine looks identical to the E model. Maybe the E model replaced the HA model? My JLG HA is electric.
The 30HA is a Gasoline/diesel powered machine and the 30E is battery powered. If you go to JLGs website you can download all the manuals for your machine.
I've worked on lots of 40HA's and they were all gas powered. I've never seen a 30HA electric though. What kind of parts are you looking for? More than likely the 30HA became model 30E
Off , yes you are correct. After doing some more reading I found my machine was made in 1992 , the last year for the 30HA. Replaced in 1993 by the 30E. I was looking for the TACK Generator sensor. Found one of eBay for $900.00. Wow I can believe the cost of on as it is the size of a motor from one of my kids rc cars !!! The brushes are shot in it. Anyone have one for cheaper or know if the brushes can be replaced? Part number 3990053
I went to the JLG parts site to confirm and the 30E/35E/N35E/40E/N40E/45E are all electric machines, running 8 6v batteries. The 30 HA is a gasoline or diesel powered machine. 2 totally different machines.
I have the JLG 30 HA …..it’s electric I’m thinking that since it was pre 1993 it’s just what they named them
Please post a picture of the complete machine. I've never seen a 30HA and certainly not an electric, I've only worked on a 34HA but your picture doesn't lie.
Very interesting. After saying everything that I did I went to my library and dug out an old JLG service training manual and there is a section for the 30HA electric machine. Never too old to learn, or remember I guess. If you go to the JLG manual site the 30HA is not listed, I would say that 30E parts are what you are looking for.
yes , they look identical. But 900 for a tach drive sensor is crazy. They brushes are worn out and need replaced. If I could find brushes that small that would fit I could save a ton of $$$$. Any ideas ?