Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know the name of these older style electrical connectors?

John V · 2022-08-14 21:17

Need to replace a handful of these 2 pin and 3 pin electrical connectors on a 1998 IHI excavator, need help on how to find them. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1mitch5042022-08-15 00:36

    Believe it or not, NAPA has a good reference for identifying plugs by pictures.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2022-08-15 00:56

    I used to know what those were called. I did find a place on the web (Digi Key maybe) that was able to identify them for me. That was many years ago. A quick search showed several places where you could send them images and try but I'm not sure any of them are any good. I would definitely try, I like to keep things as original as possible.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-08-15 03:51

    Check out vintage connections.com. Its not a dating site for old people. They do carry the 6.3mm nylon connectors you are looking for.

  4. #4Volvomad2022-08-15 05:37

    Vintage is probably the way to go. Spades i call them. RS do the crimp on's with the locking tabs but not sure about the plugs. Any time i find them i store them away. Old washing machines, old fiat cars, old claas machinery.

  5. #5John V2022-08-15 08:07

    Thanks for the advice. I used 6.3mm spade connectors as a keyword and eventually found this little assortment on Amazon: Hilitchi 6.3MM Electrical Automotive Wire Connectors Male Female Socket Plug Terminal for Motorcycle Car (Assortment Kit-400Pcs) https://a.co/d/gCLpdqs they look like a match

  6. #6Birken Vogt2022-08-15 09:10

    One issue you can have with this style connector is that the latching part can be quite different, even if the terminals fit in about the same place. So see if you can get detailed photos before you buy.

  7. #7Coaldust2022-08-15 14:51

    That’s a decent looking kit for less than 20 bucks.

  8. #8crane operator2022-08-15 19:31

    At $20 it would be worth it if you only used one.