Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know what brand of lug crimper this is?

rezervedsteel ยท 2024-01-29 20:40

Hi all, curious if anyone knew who the manufacturer of this battery lug cable crimper is by chance. I've been able to find nothing on it. I'd like to aquire dies for it and give her a rip but don't know who makes it unfortunately. Thanks for any insight or guidance in advance much appreciated

Replies14
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-01-29 21:11

    I'd do some searching under cable crimpers on Google. It's made in USA so is likely a known brand name like Grote or someone else who supplies cable or specialty tools.

  2. #2rezervedsteel2024-01-29 21:14

    Definitely have. Its how i ended up on this forum actually haha. Looked up the serial number or model number...nothing. Thanks for the response I'll definitely keep trying

  3. #3Welder Dave2024-01-29 21:21

    In a quick search it's an EZRED B795.

  4. #4OzDozer2024-01-29 21:24

    It's made in the city of Usa, China! It's odd how it's exactly the same unit as this one, that IS marked "Made in China"! E-Z Red EZR B795 Heavy Duty Battery / Cable Lug 24" Crimping Tool | eBay Sold as is. Everything you see in the pictures is what is included in this lot. We of course will get them out as fast as we can. We will help resolve whatever issue you are having. We try very hard to provide good communication and always strive for everyone to have a positive experiences! www.ebay.com

  5. #5terex herder2024-01-29 21:57

    Its Usa, Japan. The city dates to 1889, per wiki.

  6. #6Zewnten2024-01-29 22:26

    You can also try the garage journal forum.

  7. #7Welder Dave2024-01-29 22:50

    We already know what it is. It has a sticker the Chinese one doesn't. I saw an identical one on the EZred website. I wonder if the Chinese one could be an economy model or something or production was moved to China?

  8. #8stinky642024-01-30 09:46

    Had a teacher in high school Mr. Visone, was a WW2 vet and used to rant about anything made in Usa Japan aimed at tricking American public into buying "damn Jap junk." Was a good way to sidetrack the lesson of the day by just mentioning.

  9. #9rezervedsteel2024-01-31 21:18

    Thanks for the help. I was worried I jumped into some garbage by not researching the item very well before hand. 50 bucks doesn't seem so bad for old school American to me.

  10. #10heymccall2024-01-31 21:48

    "Acquire dies"? It does a triangle crimp, no dies, just what you see.

  11. #118V712024-01-31 22:00

    You adjust for the size of cable with the wheel.

  12. #12rezervedsteel2024-01-31 22:47

    Yeah...I know that now.

  13. #13OzDozer2024-01-31 23:55

    Well, it might be old school American design - but it's made in China, not the U.S. A vast amount of "old school" designs are now made in Asia, the patents are long expired.

  14. #14Welder Dave2024-02-01 00:20

    Yes, it looks like a very good crimper. It's a bonus it doesn't need dies and is adjustable for different sizes. I think I saw it for $342 new.