HI, I am doing a scavenger hunt and I need to find a full size bull dozer with no tracks on it. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the best place to find something like this would be? Thanks in advance for your help.
Yes sir, since you're in the neighborhood I believe all you have to do is find a contractor who was a full blown supporter of Obama's Stimulus Package...
Lol... wore the undercarriage out with all those shovel ready jobs that got done!!!!
i seriously doubt you would find any dozers in chicagoland without tracks....it would take too much work and effort to get the tracks off. thanks alot obama.
This may seem like a dumb question, but why wouldnt you get the dozer with the tracks and then remove them once it was at its final resting place? I figure 'the final resting place' since moving it w/o those tracks may be challenging.
Do you mean a track type dozer with the tracks removed, or do you mean a dozer with rubber tires instead of tracks?
Yair . . . JDOFMEMI beat me to it . . . that thought passed through my mind. On the other hand the original poster may be building some sort of winch set up. Used to be quite common on prawn trawlers, a complete tractor bolted to the deck with the wheels or sprockets replaced with rope drums. I saw one deep-water trawler in Fiji with a D6 complete with pilot motor start back in about 1963 . . . they had a pair of capstans running of the PCU drive. Cheers
D8H CAT with no tracks These pictures are almost shocking!
Quite the custom cab on the 46A there Ironman, that tractor looks to good to be moth balled.
To d9gdon, grandpa, and Lindsey97, from the Forum Rules: That's a rule that has served HEF well. :cool2
That is a great looking 46A. looks like a really late serial #, probably into the 30,000 + range. They were good tractors, and in my experience, more reliable than the 77V K models that followed. I like the custom cab. I think it is a better design than the factory H or K cabs, or any of the aftermarket ones I have seen until now. Looks like a new set of tracks and it would be ready to push dirt.
More old D8H's I guess I missed getting back to this thread, that tractor is still setting there. The guy that built the cab uses his own design and likes to put lots of hand holds on the cab. I am selling a couple more of the D8H's of his. Those are really nice old tractors. This one without the tracks was a fairly good running dozer, but had something wrong with the engine. When you have 6 or 8 D8H's plus 30 637C's you keep going with what is running. Most of the D8H's have been replaced now with D8N's and D8R's. If anybody needs parts for old Cats let me know. I will attach a couple other of my favorites. Lots of 637C Parts.:cool2
The answer to the OP's question would have been any shop that does undercarriage replacement. He was on a scavenger hunt, had to find oddball things off a list.