Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know where to find these?

mrfixitpaul ยท 2019-09-09 12:28

My buddy recently bought a Gehl 690 Maintainer, built in the early 90's. It has a plate compactor attached to the back, and the rubber isolators are failing. The isolators measure about 2 1/8 inches thick and diameter tapers from about 4 inches to 4 1/2 inches. They have a stud on one end and threaded hole on the other, 1/2 inch fine thread. Here's a couple of pics. Thanks for any help

Replies9
  1. #1skata2019-09-09 15:04

    Have you tried Google? Here's something close I found real quick. https://m.grainger.com/mobile/produ...dkHuCdBk6chwUH9cwA9IIpxo50oHqomBoCN-IQAvD_BwE

  2. #2mrfixitpaul2019-09-09 16:50

    I saw those but they are rated for compression, the compactor has them horizontally and I don't think the smaller ones will take the side to side action. Thanks

  3. #3DIYDAVE2019-09-09 18:41

    McMaster-Carr, they pretty much sell everything, if you can name it right... Here's a start: https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-vibration-damping-mounts

  4. #4Ct Farmer2019-09-09 19:45

    Call Mason Industries. They are really good (at least in the past) about helping you get the right product. They make all kinds of vibration mounts. We used their mounts on large industrial air handlers and fans. Really good stuff. https://mason-ind.com/

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-09-09 20:05

    Look like mounts for asphalt compactor. Maybe ask your local dealer to match some up for you.

  6. #6mrfixitpaul2019-09-10 17:33

    Thanks for the suggestions. McMasters didn't show any as big as needed, but maybe close enough.... I'll have my buddy call Mason-ind, looks like they are more geared towards buildings than equipment but worth asking them... The closest dealer of any new construction equipment is about 150 miles, but I'll take one of the old parts with me on my next trip to the big city.... I plan to look at a couple of vibrating rollers a local construction company has and see what it has for isolators....

  7. #7funwithfuel2019-09-10 17:50

    Try these guys, they're at least in your state.

  8. #8funwithfuel2019-09-10 17:59

    http://www.npkce.com/find-a-dealer/ Try here also. NPK dealer. 4 in Maine. They have vibratory compactor for excavators. They may have a winner also. BTW, I am suggesting applications where the isolator is stressed in a shear plane, vs compression or extension. Good luck

  9. #9mrfixitpaul2019-09-14 09:37

    So I found a company that manufactures them..... ha-king.com They said they were the original manufacturers of them and can make some for me, it takes about 8 weeks.... It'll be ready for next construction season. Thanks for all the suggestions.... it's tough living in the middle of nowhere.