Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tracking Heavy Equipment

Jcurtin ยท 2019-09-10 12:25

My company has tasked me with tracking heavy equipment. I use Smartsheet (basically online excel) to track purchases and work orders. We do not have a telematics program at the moment. I have some PM services set up by hours. Any other useful tips to keeping machines up and running in tip top shape?

Replies2
  1. #1Mjrdude12019-09-11 18:58

    We use ManagerPlus software, very inexpensive in the world of maintenance software tools. Has a ton of features too. We use it to track costs and schedule various PM's on everything from sand plates to Scrapers. On some machines I have set-up around 8-10 different schedules for various levels of maintenance, from inspections to annual service work and more. There are quite a few programs out these days that will do some of what is needed for complete tracking of equipment, this one has done a great job for us for around 27 years so far.

  2. #2cuttin edge2019-09-11 19:39

    We fill out daily reports for each machine. Hours are entered on Mondays. Not sure what software they enter the info on. They invoice repairs like a regular repair shop with parts and labor. I called about an accelerator fault on my grader today, and he instantly told me when it was replaced 2 years ago