Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone near Taylor Pennsylvania?

Joshua Carlson · 2019-09-24 22:55

Hello, First of all, I'm new here and excited to hang around and soak up some knowledge. The reason for the post is that I am looking at an excavator on the Machinery Trader website and ended up chatting with the person selling it. Got a few vids of it working and ended up making a deal. I'm in Minnesota and nervous about sending money for something I haven't seen in person. So I've been doing some research on buying equipment out of state and someone suggested posting a note on here to see if somebody is nearby and willing to look at it. The company selling it is SER Equipment. Looks like there may be a few family members operating under a few different names in the area. Anyways, if someone has heard of them and can vouch for them being a legitimate operation that would be great! If you have time and wouldn't mind taking a look at the machine that would even be better! Oh, and if there is somewhere better to post this on the forums let me know. Thanks! Josh

Replies5
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-09-25 06:24

    Welcome, first post in introductions, you're doing it right. If it were me, I'd find a dealer in the area and contract them to do a pre- purchase inspection. This way you have a report on functions, pressures, cycle times etc. What is worn out, what needs attention now, a few months from now and long term. It could cost you a days labor, but how much would a machine that has been abused cost? Good luck in your decision

  2. #2brad232023-08-03 20:36

    Did you end up buying the machine? What did you find out? I am in the same position & wondering what I should do. Anyone know anything about this company and can vouch?

  3. #3Joshua Carlson2023-08-03 21:05

    Hey Brad, I did buy the machine and it was shipped to me without issue. It arrived as advertised and they even fixed a leaky cylinder seal before sending it. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase another machine from them. I think the gentleman I dealt with was Pat Stocki. I have his phone number if you want to chat with him.

  4. #4Joshua Carlson2023-08-03 21:10

    Looks like the phone number listed on Machinery Trader is the same number I have for Pat Stocki. Did you ask them for some videos of the machine?

  5. #5brad232023-08-03 22:25

    Thank you so much for getting back to me, you have already made me feel much more confident in this process! I will do the same as you and ask for videos, good idea!