Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New and anxious to learn!

Ron Hallett ยท 2019-09-16 12:56

Good afternoon! I love to learn new things and work with equipment at the same time. I just took delivery of a Case 480B serial #5270335. This came from my dad who had it for 15 years. He was never an operator, but like me, enjoys anything with an engine! It is old and has some items that certainly need addressed, but I so look forward to taking care of some odd jobs and learning how to use it for me and to help my neighbors. Early on I found the value of online forums to help support both troubleshooting mechanical issues and to answer some of the more obscure questions. I hope being part of this community will offer the same! Good day all!

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2019-09-16 16:00

    Welcome aboard, you'll be in good hands with that Case. Either it's a well loved classic, or they just break down a WHOLE LOT. Just kidding, there is a lot of Case experience here.

  2. #2kshansen2019-09-17 09:35

    Very true, now who knows the guy that is suppose to be the go to guy on Case equipment, I'm drawing a blank on his name. He's not on the forum but works at some dealer.

  3. #3Delmer2019-09-17 18:38

    DALE, the one and only?

  4. #4Ron Hallett2019-09-18 08:42

    Thanks for the welcome!! I will keep Dale in mind when trouble is on the horizon!

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-10-01 09:20

    Late to the party, sorry, Welcome. As already mentioned, lots of knowledge to spread around here. Kinda like manure.