Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone on a JD E series forwarder?

deerefan ยท 2011-10-11 21:24

A local logger asked me if I wanted some winter work runnin one of his machines, he told me I could run his new 1110e, now all summer im a hoe n dozer guy. And I know on most forestry stuff your main boom is with your left hand and stick with your right, the opposite of a hoe, im just wonderin since on them E series you can change alot of stuff im just wonderin if there's any wey I can switch it to more like excavator in the computer, without switching hoses or anything. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1hvy 1ton2011-10-13 02:36

    I think europeans run different controls from us NA guys. I remember picking up on something weird like that at a con-expo booth. Having never run a forwarder or a truck loader before playing with their sims i wouldn't know. I do know i didn't have much trouble picking up the forwarder controls. had way more trouble with the lack of depth perception than anything else. Got some pond water in my ear and think i'm getting an ear infection. Grrr.

  2. #2TorkelH2011-10-15 12:14

    If you are used to an excavator you would pretty easy pick up the controls in a forwarder. I'm very surprised to hear that it's different controls on non european machines! Here in Norway/Sweden the right hand joystick control boom up/down = back/forward, rotator right/left and grip open/close on switches. Left handle is stick up/down and crane swing (left/right) and telescoping.