My driver side tie rod is very loose. I removed the cotter pin and tried to tighten , but the threaded shaft spins with the nut. Any ideas? Rick
Try tapping th tie end on the top to force the taper back downinto te steering knuckle as you try to tight it or loosen it it you want to remove it from knuckle.Sometimes this work with ease.Sometimes you need to spit the nut to remove it from knuckle also.
You might be able to grab the shaft above the knuckle w/ vice-grips. If you don't have room for regular ones, try needle nose, just make sure you use the base of the jaws. You'll probably have to replace the tie-rod end. Good luck
Thanks fellas! I tested the passenger side and it was nothing like the driver side (VERY loose). I figured I would be replacing it. Thanks again for your tips!