Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skytrak 10054 boom question

tomphoolery ยท 2011-07-18 21:48

Does anybody have experience with changing hoses in a 10054 boom? I started pulling a hose out with a fish line taking its place but it just doesn't look like it's gonna work. I'm wondering if the boom needs to come apart or if it's possible to just pull in the new hoses.

Replies12
  1. #1barklee2011-07-18 22:21

    I dont think your gonna pull a new line through. The hoses are running through a cable track which would make that impossible. Is your hose damaged where you can reach it? If so they make field repair couplings which work very well to avoid having to tear your booms apart. Sorry dude

  2. #2tomphoolery2011-07-18 23:43

    A repair coupler is not really going to work in this case, it has a leak somewhere in there and all four hoses look like junk with lots of deterioration. That cable track really makes it hard, the new hose doesn't even want to start down it. Thanks for the info though, looks like I'll have to rethink how to pull this one off.

  3. #3tool_king2011-07-19 07:47

    tomphoolery The bomm is oing to need to come apart .It is going to be very hard to fish the line over the rollers with it togeither.Here is a parts manual for the machine. Download this link. http://www.4shared.com/document/0Cc3FpVT/JLG_Skytrak_8042_10042_10054_P.html I will upload the two service manual I have .It depends on what serial number you have. THANKS ED

  4. #4tool_king2011-07-19 22:15

    tomphoolery here are those service manuals . http://www.4shared.com/document/ek8nP2dG/JLG_Skytrak_8042_10042_10054_S.html http://www.4shared.com/document/NqIPF1Qn/JLG_Skytrak_8042_10042_10054_S.html download the links.

  5. #5tomphoolery2011-07-19 22:35

    Very helpful, thanks tool king.

  6. #6HighReachTech2014-11-27 18:13

    does anyone have the procedures on how this is done replacement of the boom hoses in a 10054 skytrack

  7. #7Guitargaton2016-06-01 15:19

    Hello HighReachTech, I have to change out my hydraulic lines on my 2001 10054, did you ever get any response about the procedures for how to get this done? I guess I will have to take the boom apart but doing it efficiently and correctly would be great.

  8. #8tool_king2016-06-01 23:37

    Guitargaton What is your email address ? I can send you the manual.

  9. #9pajibson2017-01-17 23:12

    how about a 6036? does the boom need to come apart to get the hoses out on that one. I have the manuals and they dont specify a procedure for it but looking at everything it seems like yes, the boom sections need to come apart. Can someone please confirm or deny?

  10. #10Kirkt2024-07-04 00:59

    Does anyone have the procedure for disassembling the boom on a 2011 10054? We tried pulling a bad hose and broke the hose in the boom. Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  11. #11MarshallPowerGen2024-07-04 01:43

    It's a big project tearing all the boom sections out and good money for the repairs (hoses, chains, pads) while having it apart. If you're just fighting a broken hose; How much do you have left to work with and was it running alongside another hose?

  12. #12Kirkt2024-07-04 10:31

    Pretty sure it was twisted with another hose. They're #6 hose with #8 jic fittings.... almost impossible to get through the track and ended up breaking several inches up in there. Can't get it out so aprt it comes. I finally found the maintenance manual last night. I appreciate your response and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks