NOt having good time finding parts for this iveco engine.......friend suggested maybe different more common engine? ideas? thanks
Call one of the engine MFGs. LIke Perkins or something. Tell them your story.I am sure they'd like to help you & sell you an engine at retail prices if possible.
Oh yeah I sure want that retail price! My money tree is overloaded! LOL found a rebuild kit for the Iveco......2200.00 so the story continues!
The FL9 sounds like a good repower project farmerscotty.I like the cummins engines due to them being plentiful ,reliable,and fairly cheap to work on.I would think a cummins 4bt or possibly 6bt engine might work.Here are a few repower threads on fiat-allis tractors. HeavyEquipmentForums RacinRex used a 4bt in his FD7 dozer HeavyEquipmentForums
We used a 6BT CUMMINS. 5.9 liter in our D57S KOMATSU front end loader. It was a pretty simple install and well worth it. The CUMMINS in this tractor is a powerhouse, nothing like the original motor . It's been ten years ago on the install and still running good. Will need some fabrication on some parts ,muffler, air cleaner housing,and maybe some side panels of the tractor. Well worth the swap. Good luck!