Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone run solid from tires?

Canadian_digger ยท 2017-10-26 20:50

I do work on the rail road and it reaks havoc on front tires. Lots of chuncking and sidewall wear and tear. Thinking or trying solid tires. Anyone run them? How do they ride? How about traction in mud and snow? They would be going on a deere 310SL. 12.5-80 18

Replies1
  1. #1CM19952017-10-27 19:05

    I haven't ran McLaren solid tires on my 420 but I did have a set on an 863. They worked very well and surprisingly gave a decent ride on SSL. Sold that 863 with the tires on it and haven't purchased another SSL since then. If I did I'd put a set on. For what it's worth CSX and their contractors run these on the front of their hoes doing RR maintenance down here. We don't have to deal with snow though. I even seen some rental tele handlers come to the site outfitted with the larger size. That type tire seems to be gaining popularity.