Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone running double seal valve stem caps?

fastline ยท 2025-07-13 12:52

As some can probably understand, putting valve stem caps in the inside duals is hardly practical. I am considering running these on all inside duals as a standard but wondering if you guys have seen any issues? My concern is a little debris fouling that button.

Replies3
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-07-13 15:49

    Commonly called Gators by tire shops. Normally few issues, winter time with road deicer/fine sand can foul one. But I always have a tire chuck on hose in hand, I purposely never push too hard. I want it to leak with a rush of air to blow debris away from cap or valve core before checking.

  2. #2fastline2025-07-13 15:57

    That is a solid strategy. Expel any debris. We are in a situation where we don't move trailers in bad weather. I avoid salt like the plague. Too much long term damage.

  3. #3cfherrman2025-07-20 20:40

    Are you talking about valve extenders? I love them, you can check all the tires faster than one guy can unscrew one cap. I've heard that mud can make them leak but I think if you check your tires regularly that won't happen, I haven't had any issues including one valve core that leaked until I put one on