I heard about this new feature which I think looks very interesting. https://www.liebherr.com/shared/media/mining/brochures/mining-brochures-products/bp_bfaonepager_2021_web.pdf I am curious of what you think about this feature. Has anyone here tried it? How do you activate it while sitting in the machine? How did it perform for you? // Curious wheel loader operator
I don’t want to knock it before trying or seeing data on cycle times, bucket weights, truck overloads etc but it seems like more unnecessary complexity from Leibherr. I spent 10 years around 9150 to 996 machines in an open pit operation where we went through at least 20 machines with about half commissioned new on site. The new machines always had numerous issues with electronics playing up. The field techs ended up leaving the cover off the large electric panel behind the seat of the cab as they got sick of taking it on and off. The operators got sick of the ear splitting alarms going off constantly. I would have met at least 50 operators in my time there and nearly all of em came around to loving the leibherrs as they were quiet, comfortable and could move a hell of a lot of dirt but show them this new technology I can guarantee they wouldn’t want it.