Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone try the aftermarket 580 brake slave cylinders?

Birdseye · 2022-06-21 18:23

I need a new slave cylinder for my case 580se. The brake system takes mineral oil or hydraulic fluid, not dot 3/4 brake fluid. Case wants $230+ for a new cylinder A168473, there ar various aftermarket units for $65, $130 etc. Has anyone tried these aftermarket units , any recommendations? Vendors that carry the Case 580SE slave cylinder for mineral oil brake systems: $65 , I wonder if its any good: https://www.brokentractor.com/p/case-backhoe-brake-wheel-slave-cylinder-a168473-a168473/ $65, probably the same aftermarket part as above https://gulfsouthequip.com/product/a168473-case-backhoe-slave-cylinder-new-non-oem/ $134, has green cap , sold as aftermarket part https://www.reliableaftermarketparts.com/products/a168473-slave-cylinder $236 , CASE oem part https://www.minnpar.com/product.aspx?partnbr=a168473&stocknbr=a168473&productcode=550001

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-06-21 19:06

    Call Dale Wiess, he will have one at a decent price. http://e-backhoeparts.com/

  2. #2nova4812022-06-21 19:21

    They are probably all made in the same sweat shop factory in china, even the oem part.

  3. #3Birdseye2022-06-21 19:53

    Done this afternoon, he doesn’t have the ones for mineral/hydraulic oil systems.

  4. #4Billrog2022-06-21 21:06

    Take it apart clean it replace the cups from an auto supply store .

  5. #5outlawspeeder2022-06-22 10:43

    I did Slaves and masters from Ebay. I also relined the out pad but not the sides. Now I have to go back in and do those.

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-06-22 11:20

    Not a surprise that the images in both $65 links you posted, use the identical image of the slave cylinder. Both vendors have good reputations for selling parts.