Going to look at one (ex225) that's been used primarily for residential demo. Any opinions on the machine or on specific things to watch out for on a machine that's seen alot of demo use? Thanks.
Look at the joint where the boom meets the main frame. They seem to have excessive play. Sometimes more than just a pin and bushings in the boom. Sometimes the main frame needs to be built up and line-bored as the frame itself doesn't have bushings.
what kind of work are you planning to do with the machine?
Wide range of work This would be a farm machine and the list would include clearing, digging as deep as 15-18 ft, stump pulling, placing concrete trench culverts, assorted drainage improvements, and so on.
The Zaxis 225s are good machines in my opinion, although to me they seem to not be as smooth as the EX-5s when they have some hours on them, but still good machines from an operator standpoint.
great machines cant go wrong with a zero turn
ZX225's arent a true ZTS they hang over the trackframe about 50mm i think. I know for sure they arent a true ZTS. We have the standard equivilent of the ZX225 (ZX210LC-3) and i absolutely adore it! Power to burn,fast everything you need in a 23 tonner.... Joe
The ZX225 USLC are the true zero turns, the ZX225 USR are in between and the plain Zaxis 225 is conventional. I am still a fan of conventional machines, I prefer their layout over the zero turns, but I will admit they did a much better job designing the zero turns then I would have thought possible.
I've put about 3500 hours on ZX225USRLC-3, the vast majority being demo work. Runs attachments very well, with careful operation will run a cracker close to 3ton. Multifunctions brilliantly with selector grabs. The machine is fast to say the least but at the same time precise. Stability is also good. One thing I will say though is in dusty condition you need to keep on top of cleaning out the radiator to keep temperatures under control. Any other questions fire away. Somewhere in the demo forum you can see some of my demo pics.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. Will check out the machine this week.
Zx225 yeah great report on doing demo with the ZX225. send some more pics of it doing demo, Andy.
knocking the schools Sounds like you love working with that 225, Demo Andy. Great for knocking the schools, isn't it? What do you do while you are waiting for them to clear out the asbestos? Anything worth salvaging from the schools, or does it all get destroyed?