Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone using the ASV 4-in-1 bucket?

jmf ยท 2008-04-24 21:32

I'm having trouble keeping the clam cylinders clean and wondered if anyone had a solution. jmf

Replies11
  1. #1bear2008-04-24 22:15

    If you can find them try putting on some of the guards that go on dirtbike shocks (or something similar) or you could try finding an old firehose and cut to fit. clamp with hose clamps. hope this helps not familiar with that bucket but if it is getting too cruddy this may help. of course I could be way out in the wrong ballpark...

  2. #2jmf2008-04-25 08:05

    The problem is that it is protected by guards, but the guards are holding in the dirt which hardens and starts to put strain on the hoses and fittings. jmf

  3. #3Cat287B2008-04-25 22:11

    Are you giving your machine a bath every night? Pete

  4. #4jmf2008-04-25 22:48

    I pry out the dirt I can a couple of times day, but the only way to get it all out is to take off the guard, knock out the top pin and pull out the cylinder and scrape the area clean. A lot of work at the end of every day. If I washed it every night, I think I'd wear thin the paint job. I am surprised that no one here has an ASV 4-in-1. Maybe they're just not popular. jmf

  5. #5Cat287B2008-04-26 07:07

    Old School When I bought my first machine I had a good talk with the shop foreman, he had been there for over 30 years and wasn't into any PC crap. He pretty well told me you keep it clean you save money, if not I'll be seeing you alot. I got 1600 hours out of my first squirl cage, others had been replaced at 300 hours. It takes about twenty minutes a night to clean up, never give the stuff a chance to dry a harden up.Plus you'll end up with lots of free fill at the house. Pete

  6. #6jmf2008-04-26 08:00

    Thanks for the good advice. Mine is not that clean, but I do loosen up the dirt and blowing the dirt and dust off the entire machine, including the engine, radiator and track system with leaf blower. jmf

  7. #7kmcraig2008-05-05 23:06

    i have a bocat 66" 4 in 1 and it is great other then i traded machines and need a 72" now

  8. #8gfalls2008-05-09 00:30

    no new member

  9. #9joe9012008-06-15 02:40

    4 in 1 bucket why would you NOT have a 4 in 1 ? That'd be like having a donkey and carrying everything around yourself, or having a dog and barking yourself !

  10. #10Big Dazzler2008-06-15 03:18

    Hi, do you have any pics; over here a lot of machines use the digga.com brand of 4in1 and I dont think they have issues like that. see; http://www.digga.com/4-in-1-buckets.html Is it like this setup?

  11. #11stuvecorp2008-06-15 11:45

    Thats funny.