Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV 2810 Planetary leak. Help Please

schmark1 ยท 2008-04-24 20:53

I have an ASV positrack 2810. I have just encountered a problem with a planetary gear leak. Has anyone had this type of problem here? I am thinking of attempting the repair myself but would like some feedback on things that could go wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Replies3
  1. #1bobcatmechanic2008-04-24 22:55

    work on bobcats but mainly clean around the motor before disconnecting any lines get all the dirt sand water out of the area then cap the lines and motor to keep from contamination pay attention to how it comes apart and get a manual from your dealer it helps a lot most motors needed timed to turn the right direction i know it sounds dumb that a motor needs times but its true they tend to spin the opposite way and then you have to take it back apart and start over so pay attention and service manuals help out a lot

  2. #2schmark12008-04-25 15:10

    Thank you for the heads up. Can you explain what you mean by timed? I do have a service, operator user, and parts manual. The parts manual shows most of th machine in exploded view with part numbers etc.. but it does not show an exploded view of the planetary or is it a repair manual(I have not been able to find a detiled repair manual)and that is why I am seeking advice. For instance will there be pressure on the lines when I disconnect them and is there a hyd. fluid bleeding procedure when everything is back together etc.. I again thank you for your help

  3. #3bobcatmechanic2008-04-26 11:50

    timing them is usually like the geroleor point lines up with a timing markin the motor or they tell you to mark 2 parts before dissasembly of the motor section so you can put it back or align the geroleor point with a certain point or the largest opening in the geroleor with a section but it may not need to be timed also mark the outside of the case with a pin punch so you know how it goes back together and don't get pieces flipped over. wear on the plates must be put back together like they come apart also if you take apart the rotating group make sure you get all the pistons back in the original bores because of the wear each one has other wise the motor will be weak due to internal leakage