Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Application process

mws_1984 ยท 2014-08-02 20:50

Do they really look at this stuff closely? I am going to attempt to get a hoisting license in RI and they want past work experience. Well I worked for my current company on 2 different occasions. 2008-2010, laid off for about 2 years and then 1 year with another company, now back to the first company. Well my current company gave me a notarized letter stating work history which they say I have been with them for 6 years straight. Should I just take it as it is or should I go ahead and have them make out a new letter for me so that I can list my other job that I was at. Just thinking maybe having more than 1 place listed might be better and it is the truth rather than what my current work gave me.

Replies2
  1. #1old-iron-habit2014-08-02 23:41

    I would get the right paperwork. Heaven forbid if there was ever an accident with injuries. The lawyers digging around would come up with the truth. You would automatically be guilty of causing great bodily injury or something on that order because your CCO license was rigged.

  2. #2mws_19842014-08-03 06:30

    Yeah seems right to do that. Also in case I ever had to get another job I think having 2 previous employers looks better somewhat, when both liked me. Just a matter of getting them to do a new letter and how to explain to them what I want. Because I'm sure they won't get it lol.