Okay, so I am a total newbie to this industry and I was so excited to have made it through the testing and interviewing process for the apprenticeship. I went to the physical fitness evaluation and ended up being sent home before I was even able to do the fitness test due to high heart rate and blood pressure. I figured it was due to a mix of nerves, lack of sleep and the three cups of coffee I had that morning on the way to the site for the test. I don't know what I was thinking with the coffee, I honestly didn't think it would affect me to the point of the doctor telling me I couldn't perform the fitness evaluation. They sent me home. I called the main office to see what was next for me,, just to be told they had to get more clearance from the doctor and until then I am on hold. Called again a week later just to be told the same thing and that they would let me know when they know more....well, the first week of orientation is almost over and still haven't heard anything. I just want to know what being "on hold" means for me. Do I have to wait until the next application period comes along to re-apply? Or what? I am so bummed because I have been so ecstatic to begin this new chapter of my life and now I feel like a sitting duck. I guess I just want to know if anyone has ever experienced or heard of something like this happening before and what should I do! Any feedback is appreciated!
I know this isn't really related to your question but I need someone who has gone through the interview to tell me what its like. What kind of questions did they ask? I am applying for an apprenticeship and am very nervous because I have never really had a real formal interview before.
It seems unreal that excitement would raise your blood pressure that much. I believe you would be well advised to visit your doctor for a check up. Good piece of mind anyway. If all turns out I would take your doc report in with you and follow up with the training facility to find out your status.
Hey Dude, You NEED to go to a doctor and get evaluated, then tell him what you are applying for and get him to write you a clearance that he says its okay, then take that to the apprentice office.
I'll betcha liz isn't a dude... :cool2
Liz, My applogy. Same advice just ignore the "hey dude."