Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AR 400 wear plates

wilddanz71 ยท 2009-04-19 20:30

the bucket on my 120ex needs some new wear plates welded on. Wear can I buy ar 400 wear strips already cut the correct width? Is that even posible, or do you have to buy a whole sheet? If any one has a online source I would realy apreciate it!!! thanks DAN

Replies5
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2009-04-20 01:09

    I am clear accross the country from you, but we have 3 really good suppliers for that kind of stuff: Cutting Edge Supply Steel Unlimited Manganol Sales Any of them should be able to help you out.

  2. #2tripletree2009-04-20 11:23

    ford steel I would try and call ford steel they build pre cut sizes. one might fit yours. I have used there chocky bars in the past with very good results. The chocky bars have a hard white iron bonded to a mild steel so it is easy to weld on. there phone number is 1-800-325-4012. There web site seems to be down right now but if you look up ford steel wearalloy you can see there products

  3. #3Nac2009-04-20 20:52

    Here is a place in NJ http://www.bucketsupply.com/home.html Or you can ask you local heavy equipment dealer. I have bought AR 400 bar stock before from them

  4. #4wilddanz712009-04-21 19:44

    I emailed them today, and they got right back to me. They can sell me 8 peices 1/2" x 3" x 30" including shiping for about $280. how does that sound? also how many wear srtips do most 30" buckets have?

  5. #5wolf442009-04-21 21:49

    sounds REAL HIGH call a steel service center. In Atlanta that would be about $150