Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are all quick attach buckets the same?

queen of spades · 2014-05-02 22:02

Is there a standard for quick attach? Wondering if a bucket from an IHI CL35 would also fit on a Cat 279.

Replies13
  1. #1eric122014-05-02 23:15

    It should, if in doubt measure it. I think all skid steers use the same quick attach size, even some tractors use the same.

  2. #2kshansen2014-05-03 08:51

    Can't say all are the same but we have an 1845C case, JCB 185 and a BobCat 743, all older machines and buckets and forks we have will fit any of them and they were purchased years apart from different sources. Hope that helps some.

  3. #3digger242j2014-05-03 15:01

    They may all be the same on late model machines, but I know for a fact that older New Holland machines were different. (Had one on the job, and couldn't swap attachments with the Case that was also there, but the Case attachments from that time still fit the current models.) It wasn't so much a matter of size, but a completely different latching mechanism.

  4. #4CRAFT2014-05-03 17:16

    Sorry ! …… can't agree with that ……. I know for a FACT that the 1845c attachments are NOT interchangeable with a 743/753/763 (all the same) ….. the Paddles on the Case 1845 are Narrower in width and the locking drop down pins are smaller in diameter having a really loose fit to the quik attach plate and narrower pin spacing requiring a wide spaced slot on the bottom (narrower much the same as vintage skidsteers, not modern day) I Tag-Team Jobs with a buddy that has an 1845c …… My Bcat attachments will GO ON … BUT will NOT be tight, Very Loose fitting almost to a point to fall off with a good shock-load and it was 50/50 that if the drop pins would go thru and then it was way too sloppy …. I cannot even pick-up his stuff because it's too narrow The Same Pal has just purchased a 2013 Case SR-175 …. NOW all the attachments he mod'd to fit the 1845 will NOT Fit the SR175 ….He has to either change the Quik-attach Plate on the 1845 to a New style OR Have 2 Sets of Attachments ! ….. PITFA !!! Cheers !

  5. #51466IH2014-05-03 21:56

    Are your attachments bobcat brand? A lot of the aftermarket attachments have a universal plate that will fit anything with the same style latches and pins. All of my stuff is aftermarket and I always wandered what the second set of bottom holes were for until a friend of mine wit an 1845c borrowed my post hole digger and his q/a lined up perfectly and fit tight Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  6. #6queen of spades2014-05-04 03:41

    Was able to use a bucket from a ASV RC60 with the 279 today. The bucket width as a little narrower but worked for my purposes. Thanks for the replies & info.

  7. #7dixon7002014-05-16 12:17

    Are all current quick attachments the same? I'd like to build a quick attach bracket to the front of my 580sk so I could run anything hydraulic.

  8. #81466IH2014-05-16 20:04

    That probably wouldn't work out too well. I know guys with farm tractors that have twisted skid steer q/c's into pretzels. The buckets are a lot wider and heavier and you have a lot more weight behind it Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  9. #9dixon7002014-05-17 11:13

    I'm thinking stuff like augers and brush cutters not really buckets.

  10. #101466IH2014-05-17 11:32

    That would be fine I think and they should all be the same. I just made a set for a friend of mines 4020 deere. I can get with him and see where he got the stuff from but he bought the brackets for the loader frame and 2 weld on plates and I think he had around $400 tied up in them with free shipping. I had to make the pin ears and everything for the brackets on the loader but all I did for that was cut the ears off his bucket and weld them to the q/c. Are you going to be buying attachments or borrowing/renting them? If you are going to buy your own I would think about making my own q/c that would be heavy enough to just leave on all the time Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  11. #11dixon7002014-05-17 11:45

    Possibly renting or buying. It depends how much use I see for an item. If I build anything I always build it stout. But i would still like it to be easily removed. I'd have more use for my 4 in 1 bucket than anything else I would thing and the bucket isn't quick attach. ..

  12. #121466IH2014-05-17 12:40

    here is a link to the ones he bought and he got 2 bucket plates from them as well. he wanted one for his bucket and 1 for his bale grabber for small square bales. he has a skid steere already so he wanted to be able to leave the skidder at his house to unload the bales and stack in the shed then use it on the tractor in the field to load them. we will find out next week how everything is going to work when he bales his first cutting of hay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tractor-Pin...avy_Equipment_Attachments&hash=item43bd67d547

  13. #13dixon7002014-05-17 14:45

    Thanks