Looking at buying a John Deere 655 trackloader (Leiber). There are only a few with 4n1 buckets. I was thinking I could buy one with a regular bucket and install a 4n1 and was wondering if it is already plumbed. Do any of you know if that is the case. Thanks
I've been on more than a few, (all Cats and Cases) and never seen one plumbed for a 4 in 1 that didn't have one.
No they are not all plumbed. Also i would look real hard for a cat 953 before buying a 655. I have had 6 liebherr track loaders from before they were the same as the jd and they were great. but these newer ones i would stay away from unless it was a very good deal.
Like said before, most machines come from the plants set up for a 4/1 only if it rolls of the line with a 4/1. To add the cost to a machine several thousand more, in a tight sales market, would mean they would have to give it to you to make a sale or remove it at a dealer cost and hold on it hopeing to sell it later. Some machines they still make kits and some you have to order part by part depending on the age and model. Once I found the machine I wanted, an before it was purchased, i would due some homework at a dealer or some equipment bone yards to run some numbers for the bucket and lines/valves. You will need s/n's since some machine's use differant valve assembly's to get to a third valve. Be ready to spend $4000.00 + to make this happen. The long and short is to find a machine that has one on it, turn key, freight can be cheeper with less problems even if you have to go farther to get it.