Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are Bosch transmission controllers for a ZF transmission brand specific?

nickh441 ยท 2025-11-07 09:03

I have a Hyundai 740XTD-7 that is having trouble shifting forward and reverse. I've been swamped so haven't dug into it much myself and called the dealer to come check it out. He ohmed everything and determined the TCU is bad. Quote was $9600 for the TCU and 2-3 months as there was nothing in the country. I'm a little skeptical that it is the TCU and am going to do some further investigating. But in the mean time, I have found several modules with the same part numbers at a local salvage company, but they are from Deere and Case machines. Are these the same modules, but with different software for various OEM's? I have another Hyundai 757-7A I could swap with to verify, but can't shut that machine down at the moment to do the test.

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632025-11-07 10:41

    Ide make time to do your swap. Might save you $9600 on that part.

  2. #2Simon C2025-11-07 23:26

    A rental machine for a week would cost a lot less than that. Someone needs to think which is more important, get it fixed for reasonable price or just spend the $9600. Simon C