Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are Case skidsteers and CTL’s the same as New Holland skidsteers and CTL’s

mowingman ยท 2020-11-13 16:41

We may replace the T300 bobcat CTL I am currently using for land clearing. It is 13 years old and has right at 3000 hrs on it. It is in need of a trip to the dealer for tracks, hyd work, leaks, and numerous other small issues. If we replace, it will be used, maybe one or two years old, and it will be with another Bobcat, Cat, JD, Case, or NH. All of these brands have good dealer support here. We had a NH we really liked before we got the Bobcat. Was wondering if the Case and NH machines are the same? Anyone see a downside to any of these brands? Thanks, Jeff

Replies10
  1. #1Tags2020-11-13 18:10

    I am 99% sure they are but a member that goes by KSSS on here would know for sure

  2. #2mowingman2020-11-13 20:23

    Yes, I am hoping he sees this post. Jeff

  3. #3StumpyWally2020-11-14 10:01

    Yes, they are both built in Witchitaw, KS. Different colors, different rear body styles, Case has built-in side lights, Case has a lap bar vs. seat belt for NH. Otherwise, identical as far as I know.

  4. #4mowingman2020-11-14 10:47

    Thanks stumpywally, we have a good NH dealer nearby, but the Case dealer is about 50 miles away through heavy traffic. If the NH dealer has any low hour used machines, we will definitely consider them. Jeff

  5. #5KSSS2020-11-14 12:44

    Just like Stumpywally says, they are essentially the same minus some small differences. As far as the machines in general, the Alpha series CASE and the 200 series NH had some issues when they were released in 2011. The wiring harness issue being biggest problem initially. They worked through those issues in the Alpha/200 series. I have had 4 Alpha's and now 1 Bravo machine so far and while the early 2012 model had some issues, the later models have been very solid for me both in durability and capability so I keep buying them. The B/300 series is really a nice machine to run.

  6. #6mowingman2020-11-15 18:02

    What is a B300. I can only find the Bobcat wheeled machine when I search for B300's? Thanks.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2020-11-15 20:25

    This is interesting. Do they both use the same engine? Both have manufactured their own engines in the past, I'm curious to see how this pans out.

  8. #8KSSS2020-11-15 22:02

    The B series is the CASE version of the machine. The 300 series is the NH version of the machine. The engines are the same. The engines used to be different years ago but have been the same for some time now. The interiors of the machines in the Alpha/200 series were much the same but with small ergonomic differences in the handles. I am not sure if the B series and the 300 series are identical or not, I have not been in the finished product NH yet.

  9. #9skata2020-11-16 09:08

    So the frame and lift arms are the same?

  10. #10KSSS2020-11-16 20:06

    Yes they are the same.