Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV 4520HD

Bighead · 2020-11-14 18:12

Was running the machine today and all of a sudden I do t have auxiliary function. Has a mower attachment. I have no auxiliary or PTO. Ideas?

Replies9
  1. #1lantraxco2020-11-14 19:55

    Looks like the front section of a tandem gear pump runs those functions. Do the loader lift and bucket curl still work? If the loader functions don't work I would suggest a failure of the gear pump shaft or driving coupler, if only the PTO and AUX functions fail to work then the possibilities as I see them from the tank onward are plugged suction strainer, sheared gear key in the front section of the gear pump, defective relief valve in the PTO/AUX selector valve. Did you hit something hard with the mower? https://www.trackloaderparts.com/asv-hd4520-e1-hydraulic-schematic/

  2. #2Bighead2020-11-14 20:01

    The curl and lift still work fine. Just no pto or auxiliary. Nothing real hard that would normally stop it. Just small bushes and grass.

  3. #3lantraxco2020-11-14 20:36

    According to the parts pictures and hydraulic schematic the loader functions run off the smaller rear gear section so it would seem that's turning and functioning. My best guess would be something sheared in the front gear section of the pump. If you can get to it you might pull the steel line off the pump, do a flow check if you can, or just put a hose on the pump outlet and run it into a clean five gallon bucket, bump the engine and see what you're getting. Or just yank the pump off and inspect it.

  4. #4Bighead2020-11-17 22:38

    Found my problem. Took pump off and the gears went all to pieces in the pump. Any idea a place to get parts for this pump? Really not looking to spend 5K on a new pump

  5. #5lantraxco2020-11-17 22:57

    Try Robeck Fluid Power in Ohio service department: (330)562-1140 Or for the complete pump, which is still way spendy: https://www.trackloaderparts.com/asv-hd4520-11-a-1-0307-032-tandem-eaton-pump/

  6. #6Bighead2020-11-20 11:31

    I have one more problem with this machine if you think you could shed some light. The transmission in this machine was just replaced and after using the machine for a little while the tracks slow down significantly. The right side in particular will not pull hard let at all. But after 30 mins or so. The machine won’t turn around. It will go straight. But will not turn around

  7. #7lantraxco2020-11-20 11:50

    That's kind of open ended, could be lots of things. Check the hydraulic oil temp after it gets hot, anything over about 160F max is probably too hot. Make sure the suction screens in the tank are clear, change hydraulic filters if you haven't, make sure you have the correct hydraulic fluid, etc. Beyond that probably need to check some pressures, charge pressure, main drive pressures cold and hot. In no particular order, could be a charge pressure issue, bad crossover relief valves, worn drive motors, worn (even though they were replaced) drive pumps, maybe an issue with the parking brake partially applying due to a pressure issue or valve problem. There's not much to these, but they can be hard to diagnose.

  8. #8Bighead2020-11-20 12:11

    Okay. I have the tools to check them all but could you maybe give me rough idea where all the ports are and what their pressures are supposed to be as I have never worked on this brand of machine

  9. #9lantraxco2020-11-20 12:18

    Sorry I've never worked on one either, but I've worked on lots of similar machines, hydrostats are all pretty much the same with some variations. Might have to get ahold of ASV or a dealer, I think Rish in Chesapeake and Sound Heavy are dealers?