I'm trying to decide between some different loader backhoes, a few of them are IT's, a JCB, Cat, and New Holland. Are the Attachments standardized between the different brands, or to each its own?
Dumb question, what does the "IT" stand for in tlb talk???
I'm pretty sure it means "Interchangeable Tool", they are also called "Tool Carriers". The loader linkage is a bit different and some have an attachment plate similar to a skid steer. They are set up to quickly change attachments or "tools" to the front loader.
I have a 420DIT and the worktools interchange (or at least they did) between the Cat backhoes, small wheel loaders and telehandlers. I am not sure what kind of coupler the other brands use but I don't think the backhoe couplers are as standardized as the Bobcat skid steer coupler. Cat calls it's IT an Integrated Toolcarrier. The linkage on the loader arms is a parallel type instead of the standard Z-bar type. The IT's have more pins and bushings with more maintenance/expense in the long run. If you don't need to be changing attachments often, I would not consider one. If all you need is a bucket and forks, then the "over the bucket forks", the type with the hooks welded on the bucket and you can slip into them, are a better and cheaper option if that is all you need. Plus the over the bucket forks actually provide more visability than the IT forks due to the fact the forks hang below the bucket. I have this type of forks for my 953C. Post 33 With that being said, if you need different attachments and ones that use hydrualics, then an IT is the way to go. If I had it to do over again, I would have purchased a regular 420D and welded fork hooks on it. I really don't use the options the IT has for the type of work I do. Although I would like to have an angle broom for the 420DIT one day but they are so expensive.
by small wheel loaders, which ones, 924, but not 928? I can't find a chart anywhere that specifies this, which makes it a pain to bid for attachments on richie bros via the internet.
I think, and I preface this answer on that, that the IT12 and 14's have the same coupler hook-up as the 400 series IT backhoes. I am not sure about the IT18.
Well I can confirm that the framers carriage I bought from a Cat telehandler fit right onto my 426c IT.
I was told it stands for "Integrated Tool carrier" and the couplers are called Global. however there are differences like ISO global and SAE global etc. the smaller Global couplers are what the new farm tractors are all going to. they are kinda getting universal like the SS coupler's but the SS couplers are only good for 4k# and that is the reason the SS couplers are only on the smaller ones. But to answer the OP, yeah all the Global couplers are all universal but there are 3 sizes. It may have not come out of my computer very clear but i hope it answers some Q's for ya any way lol PJ
It stands for Integrated Toolcarrier, not Interchangable Tool.
hmmm....never would have gussed it haha pj
didn't see yours...
In the EU...maybe they have more together. On wheel loaders with couplers, whether IT or not, the standard coupler system is Volvo for all loaders in EU. In USA, Liugong does interchange on it's coupler with the EU system and so can use Volvo attachments along with their own. Skid steers have standardized for a long time...I may not live to see Excavators do this!
I know John Deere now uses a coupler on their hoes that will hook up to Cat, JRB, and Deere attachments. Highly recomend looking at a Deere backhoe if you want the IT coupler.
I thought a it was a loader not a back hoe. I know a it 28 and 38 don't interchange
Hmm maybe you should have read post #4
I recommend the KODIAK - YouTube - Pionierpanzer 3 Kodiak
I've ran a 3yrd bucket off an IT28G on a 420D IT a few times as a snow bucket
Cat IT hook ups They are all different, The Cat IT hook ups have 4 different versions, the JRB also has several versions. New Holland is unique as well. They are designed to be used with hydraulic type couplers. Always keep in mind if you are ordering an attachment ask the manufacturer to provide some basic measurements to verify what type of coupler you have. They are all different unfortunately. I hope this answers your question.
Cat IT couplers only interface with the IT/Versa link style couplers. They are used on all Cat machines from IT14-IT28 and Cat 910 to 930 machines. Cat also uses the Fusion and different sizes of Balderson/Dymax coupler now made by Cat work tools. So to answer the original question, Cat IT only interchanges with IT coupler type quick couplers. All others are different.
Forkloader, Might want to refer to post #15. Deere has special design that also will fit Cat and others. Good Luck
I request clerification here. Are you talking about the loader coupler matching multiple brands or the backhoe bucket coupler? I have heard of the backhoe couplers that can do this, though if you are talking about the loader coupler, this will be the first time I've heard of that.
You had mentioned JCB in your original post, so I can tell you a little bit about their IT couplers.... When talking JCB Loadalls (telehandlers) and compatability, there are two basic carriage types: Compact Tool Carrier (JCB 520/524/527) and the JCB Q-fit carriage. The Q-fit carriage is found on the larger side-engine Loadalls from the 530 up to the 550. JCB Backhoe IT couplers, as of right know to my knowledge, do not interchange with their telehandler counterparts (I wish they would!!) As far as Wheel Loaders go, the JCB 416-436HT (or tool carrier) machines are all interchangeable. I'm not sure about the 409 and 411 machines. Hope this helps.
Yes deere has a Worksite Pro loader coupler that will accept cat and other designs as well.