Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are the D7-17A & 3T drive lines the same [parts reason]

fjdrill ยท 2012-06-10 19:54

I've got an old gentlman that wants to sell me a 17a with a bearing problem in the final. Also, he's got a 3T that has a busted piston. Was wondering if the finals were the same in case the final is out in the 17a. The old man is 80 years old and wants to sell me the tractors to keep from scraping them. whats a good price? 17a: poor tracks 20-30%, pony free, bearing/final problem, drove under shed and parked years ago. 3t: 50-60% tracks, busted piston front ccu radiator out but there, no blade,undershed years ago. Thanks! Forrrest.

Replies4
  1. #1td14steve2012-06-10 20:19

    Hi I don't have an answer for you but you could post this over on the ACME Cat site and might have better luck. Steve

  2. #2hector gemme2012-06-11 09:12

    The 3t and hearly 17a have the same final drive ,pinion 12/27 and bullgear53 teeths and the lather 11879 serie have pinion 10/27 and bullgear 44 teeths

  3. #3Shortymankins2012-07-10 21:49

    Did get the dozers if so would the 17a d339 be for sell?

  4. #4fjdrill2012-07-14 10:50

    I passed on the dozers. Found others (AC 16's). I don't have the man's #, but will get it for you. Forrest.