I broke a track on my Cat 289D3. I priced Cat's tracks, but got sticker shocked for a replacement set from them. So, I googled tracks and came up with all kinds of places hawking aftermarket rubber tracks. Found a place in Alabama that had a decent price. They are made by Arisun. They are 450x86x56. They are a zigzag pattern. Anyone running a set of Arisun rubber tracks? If so, how many hours do you have on them and how well are they holding up? Just wondering if they will last 1000 hours.
I had a set of Arisun zizag pattern tracks on a Takeuchi TL140. They seemed to be doing pretty good as far as tread wear. The ride was absolutely horrible but I think that was because of the 4 roller track frame on the TL140. I was running it on a real steep side slope and threw the lower track and it ended up cutting a large slice in it. I'm guessing the Arisun tracks had about 300 hours on them when this happened. Because the ride was so horrible I replaced them with a set of Prowler tracks that have what I call a tractor type tread (bars that angle back about 45 degrees). It was a night and day difference as far as the ride is concerned. I only have about 200 hours on them and mainly run in dirt but they are holding up really well so far and seem to have good traction. I'm guessing your 289 has 5 bottom rollers so the ride might not be an issue for you.