I’m stumped and need some guidance,, we have several CAT 259 D3’s and a couple CAT 299 D3’s that the reverse camera‘s are malfunctioning on. On a couple the screens won’t come in at all and randomly come back on but the reverse cameras are acting funny on and a few of them everything works but the reverse cameras come on normally at first but then start getting blurry or statically looking after they warm up. I’ve cleaned the connections back by the cameras but they’re still acting up. With as many if our machines having similar problems I’m guessing it’s a known CAT problem. All of these machines are 2023’s with under 1000 hours and I’m sure their still under warranty but having them off site and being hauled in isn’t really an option right now so any insight would be much appreciated
I have the same issue with my 2021 289D3. I suspect it may have something to do with the camera being mounted right above the AC condenser coils. Too much heat cooking the cam?
Just to update the thread, every one of them required new cameras to resolve the problem and at almost $800 a pop it hurt
I thought they were under warranty?
They are but it would have cost more to have them sent to and from CAT than the cameras cost so I just ate it. CAT wouldn’t warranty them without sending them to the shop,
DAMN, that sucks!
Some dealerships help, some don't. Sad at the price you paid for the machines. Simon C