Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Arizona Snow Blower??

joedirt ยท 2009-01-14 20:02

Here is the truck we just picked up a few weeks ago. It's a 1959 Oshkosh with a Sicard blower on it. It has 14000 original miles and has a Cat engine the powers the blower end. We have been real slow around here and this little bugger has sure helped us out. We bought it very very cheap and only had to put some batteries, new oil, and replace a few bolts and it's been working ever since. I'll try to get some better pics of it with our next snow storm. Side note: I was reading some other posts about plugging your chute. Before last week I didn't know what that term meant. Now I do! Three times!

Replies8
  1. #1buddy6052009-01-14 20:11

    nice old girl, a gem of a find I need one here now

  2. #2Steve Frazier2009-01-14 20:33

    I'd have never believed there was snow in Arizona, let alone the amount I see in your pics. I've got a soft spot for Oshkosh's, thanks for sharing. I thought the rear steer was just to make tighter turns, but you've demonstrated just how well they work in this blower application. Thanks for the pics!

  3. #3WColtharp2009-01-14 21:29

    That's a great looking truck! Am I crazy or does that sucker look like it has all wheel steering? Great pics btw. Edit: I didn't read Steve's post, but now I see he has already answered my question.

  4. #4qball2009-01-15 16:22

    i would love to turn an old oshkosh into a pick up. show those silly little f 350's who's the boss.

  5. #5Dusty2009-01-15 20:29

    That rocks

  6. #6Canadian_digger2009-01-15 21:23

    I like how the snow blows out the side of the blower, I never seen that before. Can you post some pictures of the blower so we can see how that works?

  7. #7dumptrucker2009-01-15 22:41

    If it is like the sicard I used to run the drum that the second impeller sits in rotates to the left or right so you don't have to use the loading chute. You can really send the snow that way.

  8. #8surfer-joe2009-01-15 23:09

    Way to go Joe! Go where the work is.