I did some digging for a 2675 gallon holding tank today and took my camera to sap a couple of pictures so share. Hope you like.
What is that tank used for?
The old septic system has failed and the lot that the house is on is to small for a new one. So all they can do is install a holding tank. So the sewage goes into the tank and has to be pumped out when it is full. Its kind of a last resort when it comes to a septic system.
So no water is able to leach out of the tank? That really would not take long to fill given there's 3 or 4 people living in the house.
Thats right dirtman. Good thing only 2 people in the house for now.
holding tanks always suck for the owner...we did a few holding tanks for houses until their sand mounds got approved...$250 a week in pumping adds up quick we did a business this summer...existing 1000 gallon holding tank and i installed a 1250 gallon holding tank....they pump 2250 gallons every 2 weeks and will for the rest of the businesses life because sewer will never come in and the ground is in a wetland so it will never perc.....needless to say for them if its yellow leave it mellow, if its brown flush it down
I'd move before having to deal with a holding tank.....I put in a new filter bed and tank here a few years ago with my mini...fortunately I didn't have to dig a very deep hole for the tank because of the way I had to build the bed, and the slope of the site. The pics look like just about any small town in southern Ontario, what area are you in? I'm just outside Peterborough here.