Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Arm regeneration valve

natetate100 ยท 2023-05-25 23:58

I have a hitachi ex220lc-3 I was thinking the main control valve and noticed part of the arm regeneration valve is missing. Will that keep the arm from moving? I took it out completely and now the arm will let down with gravity. It still isn't moving from the controls though. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2023-05-26 03:54

    Good day & welcome Regeneration valves are almost the same as check valves, simply removing them will give passage from the cylinder to the tank. Im not sure of the thinking behind the idea. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2natetate1002023-05-26 08:26

    So I guess my question is do I have to have it? It doesn't let down on its own I have to move the control for it to gravity feed down.

  3. #3funwithfuel2023-05-26 08:34

    I think, if you want to actually dig, you're going to need it.

  4. #4natetate1002023-05-26 10:02

    Ok ty very much.

  5. #5natetate1002023-05-27 10:51

    Sorry to bother you again. So I got it amd everything back together. Caught a lucky break! So I got my arm to move and by doing that I was checking the pressure going to the variable pressure compensated valve. So the line from the solenoid calve is holding a constant 600 to 800 psi depending on the rpm So that tells me that it's holding to much pressure against the valve. Can that be rebuilt? Can I cap the ends off and use it until I get a new solenoid valve in if I can't repair it?