Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Armoured Dozer

nextdoor ยท 2009-03-31 08:37

Gday all, I was looking on you tube the other day and I found this fella who went a bit nuts on a dozer in Colorado back in 04 ( cant remember the name of the town) It didnt make news over here in West Australia that I recall and I was wondering what it was all about.:beatsme I dont know anything about the whole saga but boy, he did a amazing job on the tractor fit out. I dont know if it has been talked about on the forum in the past, if so let me know and Ill go and have a look.:drinkup

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies13
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-03-31 09:17

    Are you talking about the guy who went nuts and trashed a heap of buildings?? if so..its here somewhere:beatsme

  2. #2DarrylMueller2009-03-31 10:27

    It's been on TV, History, Modern Marvels, etc 1 hr. with comercials. It's a 155 Komatsu.

  3. #3Tony2009-03-31 11:49

    If I'm not mistaken, it was a 355A Komatsu...Look it up on line...type in "Granby" (the town where it happened) and "Bulldozer"...you'll get a bunch of hits. Tony

  4. #4tyler5652@yahoo2009-03-31 13:27

    heres the main video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJcB1_EogXc&feature=related just some others : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYklNjxzbCE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZh9-NQEyI&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpxeWQ_XJw&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24n77GgRtrw&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8qOb3ISYN0&feature=related

  5. #595zIV2009-03-31 16:29

    Both of these threads talk about the dozer you are referring too. The one about the D8 has at least one link it in too.

  6. #6qball2009-03-31 17:37

    i, personally, would have used a 988 or 992 loader. faster ground speed, bigger range.

  7. #7td25c2009-03-31 18:42

    The best I remember ,The man and the town council were in to it over his bussines in town.Maybe a zoning issue.Its to bad it came to the way it ended.The scary thing is the time he spent building the armerd dozer and planning it all out.People can only take so much untill they"snap".It makes me think about the recent shooting's in the U.S. and the world.You never know what people are going to do next.All we can do is watch and listen to people and maybe prevent a future tragedy.

  8. #8DarrylMueller2009-04-01 12:32

    At one point they tried to block the dozer with a scraper, he pushed it out of the way. Think if the mad dozer operator, had done a remote control? I wonder it he would have still killed himself? I think we could see more of this as contractors find out that what they have worked for (diesel power equipment) have been outlawed?

  9. #9sbolton52009-04-07 20:37

    That is just totally wild. Thanks for sharing. Steve

  10. #10dieseldave2009-04-07 21:57

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8v-QpOBb1w&feature=channel_page

  11. #11sbolton52009-04-08 02:16

    hahah that is nice. Thanks for sharing

  12. #12Redbug2009-04-11 19:30

    Here's more interesting info... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

  13. #13DarrylMueller2009-04-12 11:30

    Real good information Redbug