Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

articulated grapples

Mark Williams ยท 2018-04-02 22:25

I am interested in an articulated grapple for my mini x- I would like to be able to grab and manipulate 10'-30' pilings without hands on rigging. We use the mini x to set and drive treated pilings for marine construction. I am looking for anyone with real experience using one. Gator grapple is one I am considering. Kubota KX-040 mini x Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1PeterG2018-04-04 18:18

    There is a Company that builds custom rotating and clam grapples in WA State. Never used one, but they look nice. Lot's of youTube videos of them. Company is called Towtem Grapple.

  2. #2Coastal2018-04-17 10:06

    You want it to dangle? Or fixed? Dangle is easier on the machine, but can be annoying at times. We built a dangle for my machine out of an old processor. It doesn't have 360 rotation because of the hoses, but it worked pretty good.

  3. #3Mark Williams2018-04-19 21:17

    need it fixed- not dangling, and with 360 rotation

  4. #4John C.2018-04-19 21:21

    What is the application that you intend to use it for?

  5. #5funwithfuel2018-04-20 07:17

    Kinshoffer comes To mind. I think by the time you factor in the weight of a substantial grapple a wrist joint the motor and the plumbing you might really be overtaxing a Mini excavator

  6. #6funwithfuel2018-04-20 07:23

    This product here might be a bit overkill but it is something that I have up fitted larger excavators to before it is a beast of a machine http://hmc-us.com/pile-driving/movax-sonic-sidegrip.html