Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl mini

Huband1 ยท 2018-03-31 11:31

Hi there, I have been looking for a good deal on a mini ex for a while now..... and still looking. I have seen a couple of Gehl machines up for sale recently. One that has got my interest is a Gehl 503Z. Low hours, thumb and a reasonable price, but I am cautious about brand as I can find very little information (on internet) about the machines. Does anyone out there have some thoughts on the quality, parts cost etc on Gehl machines. Thanks. Alan.

Replies7
  1. #1Billrog2018-03-31 21:22

    Hi Alan I had a Gehl in my sights to buy but it was sold & the add hadn't been removed yet. The fella selling it was very obliging when I called him and told me parts are readily available plus a lot of info I've unfortunately forgot the details.

  2. #2tool_king2018-04-01 14:56

    If you guys need operation,parts and service info let me know.I have access to it.

  3. #3apetad2018-04-04 17:39

    The 503Z is one of the european made machines. Was Neuson, Now Wacker Neuson, we don't have any problem getting parts through Gehl, but Wacker is a useful alternate source.

  4. #4Huband12018-04-10 00:36

    Thanks for the replies so far. I spoke to the owners representative the other day, and the machine only has 1 bucket and does not have a quick change coupler. It looks like what I think is called a pin on coupler, as in you have to drive 2 pins out to change a bucket. I am wondering what the cost would be to put on a quick change of sorts, the one I am familiar with is the manual wedge style. Would I have to source that through Gehl or will any attachment fabricator be able to provide that?

  5. #5apetad2018-04-18 19:02

    Edge Attachments is owned by Gehl/Mustang/Manitou. They list a quick coupler for that machine, Part number 503370 $1735 / Phone 866-232-8224

  6. #6Batkom2018-04-18 21:23

    Amulet mfr here in Idaho makes a nice manual quick change bucket adapter. I like the fact that it pins directly on to where the original bucket goes and then the quick change part is configured to use you original bucket. No tools, and I find it quicker and easier to change buckets than the wedge style I had on the John deere 60g and the hitachi EX50 I had.

  7. #7KSSS2018-04-25 15:12

    Werk Brau has hyd couplers for those machines as well.