I had to go and buy another. Need an LGP for a project this summer, this one was selling on auction 17 miles away from me. Only 5700 hours, I know this is accurate because the company bought the dozer new. Rails are pretty low, but it's had both idlers and 3 of the 4 top rollers, and bottom rollers look pretty good. Not many operators nowdays care to run one of these old girls, but I don't mind. It's a 1998, got it for $17,000. Here are some of the auction pics.
OLD!!!!! geez, looks new to me
Looks in really good well cared for shape! You got a great deal.
Nice ! Air conditioned cab ?
No.
Looks sweet even if a little worn, My '74 Allis leaves some room on well worn. Great price for it.
Nice find Shimmy ! That will sure come in handy for drainage work . Hey , how is the Cat D7G holding up ?
Haven't used her yet this year. It wouldn't have faired very well today. Had the Quad and scraper stuck 3 times today. We managed to get down to semi-stable hardpan, and I would push the muck onto that so the scraper could pick it up about 7-8 yards at a time. Slow going when there is 8000 yards to excavate out.
I am pretty impressed at what this little 1150 will push. Put many thousand hours on an 1150C with narrow pads years ago, and this LGP will push double what it would. Blade is nice and tight, and very quick. It is taking a bit to get used to the controls, I can't count how many times I've grabbed for the levers between my knees, and I hadn't ran that C for well over 10 years. Muscle memory is a real thing.
What do you mean by quad?
Quad track Case/ih Steiger farm tractor. Ed
I didn't get a pic of her stuck today, this is just an internet photo.
Sounds like you got a wet muddy mess with the heavy rain just like we did . It will dry up sometime .
Mine is a C model so the G looks new to me too.
I did not know there was machines that new. I hand cranked my Cat Model 22 today so I could disc the ruts out of my field. Beat the rain to. We got 9.5 inches of rain in the last 9 days. Its stupid wet here.
Yeah, one of my D8's still has the hand crank up on the hood but it'll probably be another lifetime before I get that project back in gear.... we had some rain storms come through here a few hours ago that flooded the driveway!!! haven't seen a july like this in a long time usually some the neighbors and farms have black fields and spots in their lawns for the fourth... not this year... been a bit wetter just in the last week than the last 25 or so years!!!