Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ashhalt Millings Driveway Bumpy Chunks

firecatf7333 ยท 2015-08-26 12:32

My dad had millings for his driveway a while back and they turned out great....almost like black top. I'm not sure if they were fine or chunky b/c I wasn't around when he did it. I had 4 loads of millings delivered for my driveway and its ruff and bumpy. There were chunks and the driveway is pretty bad. it was spread with a bobcat and then rolled with a small rider roller. Anyway I can smooth this out? Bigger roller? I think its the chunks that messed everything up and i'm disappointed as the driveway is in bad shape. thanks

Replies2
  1. #1RBMcCloskey2015-08-26 16:57

    I would suggest a heavier machine to spread the millings, a Cat D4 size will breakup the larger pieces. Windrow the millings into the center of your driveway travel back and forth over the windrow, long ways to break down the large pieces, then respreads and fine grade. I would use a 66" vibratory roller for final compaction. You should be able to rent this equipment for 2 days from any big rental house.

  2. #2JNB2015-08-26 20:49

    Call whoever did the job and tell them to straighten it out. They gave you unscreened millings.