Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ashland Groundhog

therealjohnboy ยท 2008-10-07 09:10

Has anyone used one?? Are they as good as they seem to be by watching the videos on their web site?? They seem to be well made and a CTL seems to push them with out any issue. So any feed back for a curious aussie. Any guesses as to what they cost?? Cheers John

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2008-10-27 01:12

    I spoke with the Ashland at ConExpo. I believe the price was around $13K. It seems to be a slick system. I really liked the idea of being able to laser automate it. Great for pad prep. The video shows it in opt. conditions. I would expect that it would not be quite so effective in rocky or hard soil conditions.

  2. #2therealjohnboy2008-10-27 08:05

    thats what i figured, here i mainly deal with heavy clay and shale or a mixture of both i reckon it would be great for dam building also